How it works:
The laundry ball is filled with four types of mineral-derived ceramic beads and two magnets, each performing different cleaning functions. When these components come in contact with water, they form ‘oxygenated’ water with an increased pH level and an ability to eliminate germs and bacteria. The result is fresh, safe and clean laundry. Simply toss it in the washer with your laundry! No more measuring, spills or accidental ingestion risks for children and pets. Compatible with all high efficiency (HE) and traditional front and top loaders. Safe for septic systems.
How to Use Your Laundry Ball:
1. Always follow fabric care instructions. Wash colors and whites separately.
2. Pre-treat any stains before wash.
3. Place the load together with the laundry ball inside the washing machine.
4. Set to wash with COLD water. Do NOT use hot water. Heat may damage or reduce the lifespan of the laundry ball.
5. Start Wash.
Maintenance:For best results, place the laundry ball in the sun for 1-2 hours every 30 washes (approx.) in order to fully dry and recharge the laundry ball’s mineral ceramics. Do not exceed 2 hours as too much heat may damage the enclosure.
Whites: SmartKlean DOES NOT contain bleaching agents. Natural whitening aids are recommended to use with the laundry ball. Tip: Hydrogen Peroxide is a natural mild whitener. Per full load, pour in 1 cup to soap dispenser. Do not pour directly on clothes.
Stains: Check laundry for stains before washing. Many stains need pretreatment. Inspect wet laundry before drying to be sure stain has been removed. Use SmartKlean Stain Remover or your favorite stain remover in conjunction with the laundry ball.
Hard Water: Hard water makes cleaning products less effective. If your laundry ball is not cleaning properly, add cup of Borax per full load. For large capacity machines, use a cup per load. Baking soda will also soften and condition water (use same amounts).
Want Fragrance? OPTION 1: Once the load is dry, before removing it from the dryer, drizzle about teaspoon of your favorite essential oil on a small cloth, throw it into the dryer and run the dryer on a NO HEAT setting for about 10 minutes. Your laundry will be heavenly scented for days! OPTION 2: Those that line dry can add a 10-15 drops to a cup of water and pour it into the soap dispenser during wash.
How to Clean Your Washing Machine: (Front OR Top Loader)
1. Fill up the washing machine with hot water and pour in 2 cups of white vinegar (organic recommended). Let it sit for 1 hour then start washing machine and run through a complete cycle.Front Loaders: Pour vinegar in soap dispenser and run machine through a complete cycle.
2. When the machine drains if it still has grime on it, use a sponge and scrub it down really well. Add straight white vinegar to the towel or sponge for best results. Front Loaders: Also wipe the rubber seals between the door and the wash drum.
3. If necessary, repeat by filling up the washing machine again and pour in 1 cup of baking soda. Let it soak for 1 hour. While filling up the machine, use Q-Tips dipped in white vinegar to detail small hard to reach areas and soap dispenser. Clean knobs and lid too.
4. Repeat every 12 months or as needed to keep your washer, laundry ball and clothes in top condition!
1.The Ball breaks the water molecules into small clusters (groups) and increases their molecular motion, penetration force and washing power. It radiates negative ions to weaken the surface tension of the water allowing the dirt to be easily removed.
2. Anti-microbial Ball Eliminates mold and pathogenic organisms. One of the ingredients of this component is nano-structured silver (silver nitrate), which is very effective in killing and preventing bacteria and infections.
3. Chlorine-removal in the Ball eliminates the chlorine compound in the water protecting the fabrics from oxidation.
4. The plastic exterior of the laundry ball is composed of environmentally-friendly thermoplastic elastomer free of BPA and PVC. Its shape and weight is designed to create agitation in order to beat dirt and grime off clothing during the wash cycle, somewhat similar to the old way of cleaning laundry before washing machines were invented!
Effectively washes 365 loads of laundry without using any soap or detergents.
Safe for the whole family! The active components inside are derived from Earth minerals and are formulated to leave zero residues behind.
Leaves no trace in our aquatic ecosystems.
You have the right to know what makes our laundry ball safe for people and the environment, as well as how it’s effective at getting the job done. Ceramic 14% Anion Powder 14% Sodium Metasilicate 12% Sodium Carbonate 12% Calcium Carbonate 12% Neodymium Magnet 9% Cellulose 6% Nanostructured Silver 4% Epoxy Resin 5% Polyamide Resin (cured) 4% Sodium Citrate 4% Iron Oxide Yellow 2% Iron Oxide Red 2%
Our laundry ball’s ingredients are derived from more than 80 kinds of minerals such as tourmaline, medical stone, quartz powder and others. Many of these are the same basic ingredients used as cleaning agents in laundry detergents, but are formulated to work with the laundry ball’s innovative technology.
SmartKlean’s active ingredients are 100% free of harsh chemicals including surfactants, toxins, ABS, LAS, SLS, SLES, formaldehyde, ammonia, chlorine, glycol solvents, phthalates, artificial colorants, petroleum distillates, pesticides, fragrances, phosphates, parabens and allergens. Alkali Ball Increases the pH levels in water to the same level of detergents in order to help lift oil and dirt off fabrics.